The flexible DMin Directed Study program will deepen your knowledge of and increase your leadership abilities in an area of study that does not fall under the other DMin concentrations offered at United. Through directed study, you can customize your own concentration curriculum, whether choosing among select DMin-level courses, pursuing independent study courses in your area of interest, and/or taking master’s courses at an enhanced, four-credit level.
This program may be a good fit for you if you are interested in:
- Growing your ministry with a DMin designed to meet your needs
- Advancing your ministerial career
- Providing ministry in a different context
Concentration Learning Outcome
In addition to achieving the core DMin degree learning outcomes, a graduate of the DMin Directed Study program will be able to demonstrate competence in a chosen area of theological study or form of ministry leadership and develop methodological skills for applying that knowledge to the practice of ministry.
United’s DMin at a Glance
- 36 credits
- Eight 4-credit courses plus a 4-credit dissertation
- Can be completed in four years if you take a full-time course load (12 credits per year) and complete your dissertation in a little over a year
- All DMin concentrations can be completed entirely via distance learning; with the exception of the DMin Practicum course, all courses can be taken completely asynchronously
Program Guide Sheet
||NUMBER OF COURSES
|Formation||1||The Formed and Transformed Leader|
|Contextualization||1||Engaging a Multifaith World|
Three DMin level courses
One DMin level independent study
Research Tools and Proposal
Want to learn more about our DMin Directed Study? Fill out the form below and someone from our Admissions team will be in touch soon.