Ready to apply? See admissions requirements here. Application deadlines are as follows:
We are Accepting Applications for spring 2021 and fall 2021!
Application deadline: December 01, 2020
Financial Aid deadline: December 01, 2020
fall 2021 Key Deadlines
Priority Scholarship deadline: March 01, 2021
STEP 1. FILL OUT THE APPLICATION FORM
Go to the application and create a login. You will be able to save your progress and check back on your application status using this login.
With your application, you’ll answer questions about your education, work, and service history. Here’s what else you’ll need for the application form:
- Personal Statement: a statement of 250-500 words (approximately 1-2 pages) telling the Admissions Committee about yourself and the reasons you are applying to United. This statement is a chance for us to get to know you. As a starting point, possible topics could include the following:
- The direction or goals that led you to apply to United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
- Persons or events that have been particularly formative in your life
- Details of your past or current ministerial and/or leadership experience
- Reflections on the future direction of your ministry and/or leadership
Note that you do not need to cover every point and that you can write about another topic not on this list.
- Resume: an up-to-date resume describing your employment background, and any community, volunteer, and/or family experience, indicating positions of leadership, offices held, and awards or recognition received.
STEP 2. Send Your Transcripts
Request an official transcript from the school at which you earned your bachelor’s degree and the official transcripts from any graduate work you’ve done. Schools can send your transcript directly to us electronically to email@example.com or mailed directly to:
United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
767 Eustis St., Suite 140
St. Paul, MN 55114
STEP 3. Gather Recommendations
Ask two people to serve as references for your application. As part of the online application, you will be able to submit their email addresses, and we will contact them to fill out a form. Examples of people who could serve as a reference include:
- A pastor or spiritual mentor, attesting to your call and/or spiritual discernment
- An employer or professional reference, attesting to your work ethic
- A professor from undergraduate or graduate work
Ready to apply to United Theological Seminary?