Below are the admissions requirements for MA, MAL, and MDiv applicants at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities. Questions? Contact a friendly admissions officer for assistance.
- The applicant is a graduate of a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a B.A. or B.S. degree;
- The applicant’s grade point average for the B.A. or B.S. degree is at least 2.75 on a scale where A = 4.00.
- The applicant demonstrates strong analytical and reflective thinking and writing skills.
- The applicant’s vocational and academic goals are compatible with the vision and mission of United.
The following are additional admission requirements for DMin applicants:
- The applicant is a graduate of a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- The applicant has received an ATS-accredited M.Div. degree or equivalent.
- The grade point average for the applicant’s M.Div. degree is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant has significant ministerial experience that enables the applicant to engage as a ministry peer with other students in the DMin program.
In addition to the requirements above, international applicants must submit two additional materials for consideration:
- Letter of financial support, indicating how the applicant’s program will be funded
- Evidence of adequate knowledge of the English language (e.g. official TOEFL scores)
There are no limits to admission based on religious affiliation, age, race, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, or physical abilities or conditions.
United is a seminary that educates students for transformation to be effective spiritual leaders. As such, United upholds standards of character and ethics for our students. The seminary therefore conducts a criminal background check for each admitted student prior to matriculation, as well as prior to any contextual education placement. See United’s full Required Background Checks policy for details.