Below are the admissions requirements for M.A., M.A.L., and M.Div applicants at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities. Questions? Contact a friendly admissions officer for assistance.
- The applicant is a graduate of a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a B.A. or B.S. degree;
- The applicant’s grade point average for the B.A. or B.S. degree is at least 2.75 on a scale where A = 4.00.
- The applicant demonstrates strong analytical and reflective thinking and writing skills.
- The applicant’s vocational and academic goals are compatible with the vision and mission of United.
The following are additional admission requirements for D.Min applicants:
- The applicant is a graduate of a regionally accredited undergraduate institution with a B.A. or B.S. degree.
- The applicant has received an ATS-accredited M.Div. degree or equivalent.
- The grade point average for the applicant’s M.Div. degree is at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant has at least three years of experience in ministry since the completion of the Master’s degree.
In addition to the requirements above, international applicants must submit two additional materials for consideration:
- Letter of financial support, indicating how the applicant’s program will be funded
- Evidence of adequate knowledge of the English language (e.g. official TOEFL scores)
There are no limits to admission based on religious affiliation, age, race, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, or physical abilities or conditions.