Professor Emeritus of Constructive Theology
ORDAINED MINISTER IN THE UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST IN THE PHILIPPINES.
PRESIDENT, UNION THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY OF THE PHILIPPINES.
Teaching and Research
- Constructive theology
- Theological voices from the Global South
- Theological anthropology
- Theology of religions
- Exposure-immersion trips
- Mission and ecumenics
- Globalization and its challenges to theology and ministry
Books Chapters, Articles and Essays
- “Multiple Locations-Belongings and Power Differentials.” Multiple Locations–Belongings and Power Differentials: Lenses for a Liberating Biblical Hermeneutics. Eds. Francisco Lozada Jr. and Greg Carey. Minneapolis: Fortress Press, 2013.“(Home) Land, Diaspora, Identity, and the Bible in Imperial Geopolitics: What does the Asia-Pacific Region have to do with Israel-Palestine.” The Biblical Text in the Context of the Occupation: Towards a new hermeneutics of liberation. Ed. Mitri Raheb. Bethlehem, Palestine: Diyar Publisher, 2012. 119–45.
- Editor. “New Overtures: Asian-North American Theology in the 21st Century.” Journal of Race, Ethnicity, and Religion 3 (2011).
- “Theological Theme: Matthew 11:16-19, 25-30; Matthew 14:13-21.” Lectionary Homiletics xxii.4 (June-July 2011).
- “Theological Perspective on Psalms 51:1-12; 2 Samuel 18:5-9, 15, 31-33.” Feasting on the Word. Eds. David Bartlett and Barbara Brown Taylor. Westminster: John Knox Press, 2012. Year B, Additional Essays.
- “Global Hegemonic Power, Democracy and the Theological Praxis of the Multitude.” Wading through Many Voices: Toward a Theology of Public Conversation. Ed. Harold Recinos. New York: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc., 2011. 53–67.
- “Theological Perspective on Romans 12:9-21; 13:8-14.” Feasting on the Word: Preaching for the Common Lectionary. Eds. David Bartlett and Barbara Brown Taylor. Westminster: John Knox Press 2011. Year A, Volume 4.
- “Theological Perspective on Romans, 12:1-8. Feasting on the Word: Preaching for the Revised Common Lectionary. Eds. David Bartlett and Barbara Brown Taylor. Westminster: John Knox Press, 2011. 374–78. Year A, Volume 3.
- Diaz, Johnathan Blas. “Forward.” Towards a Theology of the Chamoru: Struggle and Liberation in Oceania. Quezon City, Philippines: Claretian Publications, 2010.
- With Lester Edwin J. Ruiz. “What Do We Do with the Diversity That We Already Are? The Asian and Asian-North American in Accredited Graduate Theological Education.” Theological Education 45.1 (2009)
- “From Babel to Pentecost: Finding a Home in the Belly of the Empire.” Semeia: The Bible in Asian America. Ed. Tat-Siong Benny Liew. Atlanta, GA: Society of Biblical Literature, 2002.
- “Theology of Struggle.” Dictionary of Third World Theology. Maryknoll: Orbis Books, 2000.
- Teaching for a Culturally Diverse and Racially Just World – Wipf and Stock, 2014
- New Overtures: Asian North American Theology in the 21st Century – Essays in Honor of Fumitaka Matsuoka
Sopher Press, 2012
- Burning Center, Porous Borders: The Church in a Globalized World
Wipf and Stock, 2011
- Reimagining the Human: Theological Anthropology in Response to Systemic Evil
St. Louis: Chalice Press, 2004