Creation Care Fellow
Purpose: To create and enhance ministries within the parish, and to develop and strengthen partnerships in the community, related to care of creation and environmental stewardship.
Reports to: The Rector.
Position: Full Time
Length of Tenure: This is a 2-year fellowship, with the possibility of extension pending future funding.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate, whether lay or ordained, will possess a bachelor’s degree—with graduate studies preferred—in either the field of religion or the field of environmental studies. Preference will be given to those with demonstrated training or experience in both fields.
Job Duties and Expectations:
• Create a campus sustainability plan for St. Peter’s
• Conduct an energy audit of the campus of St. Peter’s
• Plan and implement formation opportunities related to creation care for the parish and the larger community
• Strengthen existing ministries in the parish related to creation care, including the community garden
• Identify new ministry opportunities to engage the interest and energies of parishioners in the area of creation care
• Identify additional sources of funding, such as grants, to make these ministry opportunities financially sustainable
• Participate in the liturgical and spiritual life of the parish, as appropriate
• Other duties as assigned by the Rector
Compensation for this full-time position will be commensurate with experience and relevant credentialing. All full-time positions on the staff of St. Peter’s are entitled to certain benefits, including but not limited to health insurance coverage, retirement account subsidies, and paid vacation. For this position, at the discretion of the Rector and the successful candidate, a residence may be provided in lieu of a portion of cash compensation.
The Rev. Joe Woodfin