Position available immediately .25 FTE Compensation $15,000+ based on experience and education.
1. Direct a choir of approximately 10 volunteer singers and paid tenor and bass choral scholars.
2. Provide choral music for one Sunday morning worship service four times per month between September and May as well as Christmas Eve and Good Friday
3. Lead weekly one-hour rehearsals, currently Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. Rehearsal day and time is negotiable.
4. Coordinate soloists and instrumentalists during the summer, including a pop-up choir once a month.
5. Collaborate with clergy, worship committee, and organist/worship director in areas of general planning and leadership of the church’s music program such as hymn selection and volunteer coordinating.
6. Be responsible for purchases of all necessary music and music supplies, maintenance of the music library, and supervision of choral scholars.
7. If desired, conduct a handbell ensemble for additional compensation
1. Four Sundays vacation and one Sunday personal/sick time
2. Use of instruments for private teaching
3. Use of the facility for performances
1. Proficiency in choral conducting and leading rehearsals.
2. Three to five years’ experience with collaborative worship planning in a church setting preferred.
3. Bachelor’s degree or higher in conducting, church music, or choral music education preferred, but candidates with equivalent experience and skill will be considered.
Email resume and three professional references to Nancy Dana at email@example.com