Job Description—Admissions Counselor
|Title: Admissions Counselor
||Standard Hours/Week: 40
||FLSA Status: Nonexempt
|Reports to: Director of Enrollment Management
The Admissions Counselor recruits prospective students by engaging in the best practices of inbound marketing and communications; executes a cycle-based recruitment campaign aimed at identifying, connecting, exploring, and advising prospects, such as, but not limited to generating prospects through referrals, content offers, and phone calls, connecting them with relevant faculty and staff who can address their interests and needs; providing logistical support to applicants; coaching applicants through the process; traveling to and staffing United admissions events at undergraduate institutions and other recruitment venues; and supporting all admissions-related needs impacting United. The Admissions Counselor also represents United to the broader public at recruitment and sponsorship events.
Relational Sales (80%)
- Achieve weekly recruitment activity goals (Productivity Metrics) including emails, calls, and in-person visits with prospective students;
- Maintain a steady flow of communication via email, social media, and phone calls with prospective students in order to establish a relationship between the student and United;
- Respond to generated leads and inquiries promptly and generally within two hours of receipt;
- Ensure that organizational goals are met regarding number of admits and matriculates;
- Log information about prospective student contacts in HubSpot in real time;
- Work periodic weekends, evenings, and travel locally and out-of-state;
- Participate in weekly/evening calls and email engagement with prospects;
- Assist with developing copy for admissions materials.
Community Engagement (10%)
- Exhibit a deep understanding of United’s degree programs, guide sheets, and road maps to help prospective students select the right program for their vocational goals;
- Identify faculty and staff that will help prospective students through the admissions process.
Event Marketing (10%)
- Attend United-sponsored events and recruitment conferences to market degree program offerings;
- Initiate, plan, and execute special projects that are aligned with the goals and objectives of the department;
- Plan and coordinate special recruitment events as assigned.
Desired Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, Master’s degree preferred;
- 3+ years of experience in admissions or recruiting preferred.
- Preference will be given to experience in higher education and justice- or service-oriented settings;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Second language proficiency desired.
- Residing in the Twin Cities area is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Hospitable presence.
- Awareness of self.
- Technology skills including Microsoft Office on Windows OS. Previous experience with HubSpot and/or other CRM databases is strongly preferred.
- Creative, innovative, and able to work independently and with a team.
- Commitment to theological education and openness to learning about Christian history in the United States.
- Theological understanding of basic religious concepts is desired. Applicant must be open to and comfortable in pluralistic religious contexts. Applicant must be open to learning language steeped in religious meaning and being in contexts that are unfamiliar or that may not coincide with one’s own personal religious or non-religious beliefs.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Applicant must be able to:
- Speak, read, and write in English.
- Apply manual dexterity for computer and telephone use.
- Sit for extended periods, as well as move around the office area throughout the day. Travel independently and sometimes stay overnight away from home.
- Work as needed on select nights and weekends.