With access to thousands of print and electronic resources both on campus and beyond, the staff at Spencer Library is eager to help you find exactly what you need. Our new online catalog provides easy searching for materials in a variety of formats, and our online, full-text resources are immediately accessible from your search results. Explore what the Spencer Library has to offer, and don’t hesitate to ask our staff for assistance.
SPRING TERM HOURS January 12-April 17
Monday/Wednesday/Friday*: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday/Thursday: 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM**
*Extended Friday hours when hybrid courses meet: April 10 — open until 6 PM
**Extended Saturday hours when hybrid courses meet: February 21, March 28, April 11 — 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Exceptions to the Above Hours
February 23 – February 27 (Reading Week)
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday: 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
March 30 — April 3 (Easter Break)
TERM BREAK April 20 — May 15
Monday-Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM; Saturday-Sunday: Closed
The Spencer Library is located on the two floors of the tallest building on campus. If you need directions to campus, please follow this link to MAPQUEST, where you can enter your location and generate a map and directions to the library.
The Spencer Library participates in the mission of the seminary by maintaining a core collection that:
- supports the curriculum of United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.
- supports the pedagogy and scholarship of the seminary’s faculty.
- is representative of the breadth of religious, philosophical, and theological thought and practice, with primary emphasis on Christian traditions.
- provides access to the wider universe of information resources through networking and the utilization of new research tools in print and electronic formats as they can be made available.
- provides instruction to individuals and classes on the use of the library and its resources.
- serves as a resource for the life-long education and ongoing formation of clergy, laity and others in the wider community.
Circulation Desk: 651.255.6142
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org