With access to thousands of print and electronic resources both on campus and beyond, the staff at Spencer Library is eager to help you find exactly what you need. Our new online catalog provides easy searching for materials in a variety of formats, and our online, full-text resources are immediately accessible from your search results. Explore what the Spencer Library has to offer, and don’t hesitate to ask our staff for assistance.
As of March 1, 2016 the Spencer Library will no longer be accepting donations of gift books. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
Fall, Spring and Summer Terms
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday, Thursday 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Saturday 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Hybrid Week (Spring: March 7 – 12)
Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Saturday Spring Extended Hours due to Hybrid Courses
Feb 6; Mar 5, 12 & 19; Apr 24 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Spring Holiday Hours
March 21 – 26 Closed
May 30 Closed
The Spencer Library is located on the two floors of the tallest building on campus. If you need directions to campus, please follow this link to MAPQUEST, where you can enter your location and generate a map and directions to the library.
The Spencer Library participates in the mission of the seminary by maintaining a core collection that:
- supports the curriculum of United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities.
- supports the pedagogy and scholarship of the seminary’s faculty.
- is representative of the breadth of religious, philosophical, and theological thought and practice, with primary emphasis on Christian traditions.
- provides access to the wider universe of information resources through networking and the utilization of new research tools in print and electronic formats as they can be made available.
- provides instruction to individuals and classes on the use of the library and its resources.
- serves as a resource for the life-long education and ongoing formation of clergy, laity and others in the wider community.
Circulation Desk: 651.255.6142
General Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Susan Ebbers, director of the library 651.255.6143 (pictured, far right)
Dale Dobias, associate director of the library 651.255.6144 (pictured, seated)
Penny Truax, library assistant 651.255.6145 (pictured, far left)