Director of Doctor of Ministry with Student-designed Concentrations
Administrative appointment since 2004
|United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
Teaching and Research
- Systems approaches to shared ministry in congregations
- Gifts-based ministry and gifts discernment
- Leadership development in congregations
- Models for theological reflection
- Renewing ministry in the North American context
- Content analysis
Superior Journey: Diary of a Dream
Galde Press, 2004
Roy M. Oswald with Jean Morris Trumbauer
The Alban Institute, 1999
Created and Called: Discovering Our Gifts for Abundant Living
Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 1998
Sharing the Ministry: A Practical Guide for Transforming Volunteers into Ministers
Minneapolis: Augsburg 1995, rev. ed. 1999
Articles and Essays
“The Journey from Church Volunteers to Ministers.” The Clergy Journal (May/June 2011).
“Sharing the Ministry Across Generations.” In Across the Generations, edited by Vicky Goplin. Minneapolis: Augsburg Fortress, 2001.
“Gifts-based Shared Ministry Systems: Living Out a New Image of Church.” Congregations: The Alban Journal 26, no. 6 (November/December 2000).
Next Writing Projects
(1) A study of women and their life dreams and passions
(2) A story of traveling the rim of the continental United States and our personal and communal boundaries, horizons, and edges.
Jean at 651.255.6127.