Director of Youth and Visual Media
Forest Hills United Methodist Church, Forest Lake, MN
Posted August 10, 2016
Forest Hills United Methodist Church (FHUMC) in Forest Lake (a northern suburb of the Twin Cities) is seeking to hire a half-time Director of Youth and Visual Media. FHUMC is a Bible-based United Methodist congregation worshipping about 110 on Sundays in one worship service. More information on the church can be found at www.foresthillsumc.net.
The position will have primary responsibility in two areas: the youth ministry (one-quarter time), social and video media and outreach (one-quarter time). The youth ministry area (10 hours a week) will provide spiritual formation contexts for the youth of our community. This includes a weekly youth group, outreach events, community-building events, mission opportunities, and youth-led fund raisers. We currently have six active senior-high youth, as well as eight junior-high youth. This position is also an outreach position, and this person is encouraged to engage families with youth in our wider community.
The social and video media area of this position (10 hours per week) will help our church continue to grow in our engagement with the wider community through varied media, including social media and producing videos to be used in worship and various other forms of communication. Again, this is an outreach position and will include offering leadership for our bluegrass festival and monthly food distribution ministries.
We crafted this position to be attractive for a student. Qualifications we are looking for include:
• A passionate heart for Jesus
• A growing reliance on the Holy Spirit
• A primacy of authority on the Bible
• A heart and passion for youth to experience a personal relationship with Jesus
• A desire and competency to use social and video media
• Thinking creatively and “outside the box” in exploring new ways of engaging the wider community
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to engage and maintain healthy and motivating relationships with others, and
• A willingness to learn from the senior pastor and other mentors.
Those seeking to open a discussion about this ministry position are invited to send a resume and letter of interest to Rev. David Werner at email@example.com, or call at 651-464-5249.