Individuals can pursue study at United without a pre-set curriculum. This approach, called non-degree status, is particularly suited for individuals who would like to try out theological education or pursue their own interests without concern for earning academic credentials.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong analytical and reflective thinking and writing skills
- Vocational and academic goals compatible with the vision and mission of United
- Applicants whose first language is not English must submit scores on the TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language). A score of 80 on the iBT (internet-based TOEFL) with a minimum score of 20 on Reading and Writing is required for admission.
- Tuition: $550 per credit, e.g., 1-credit course = $550; 2-credit course = $1,100; 3-credit course = $1,650
- Student Activities Fee: $110
- Technology Fee: $95
How to Apply
- Submit Application. (We are in the process of switching database systems and a number of our online forms are unavailable at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience.) You will need:
- A list of all post-secondary schools, universities and seminaries you have attended
- A list of any committees, positions of leadership or offices held in your congregation or denomination
- An up-to-date resume with your employment background, including part-time work, as well as community, volunteer and/or family experience, indicating positions of leadership, offices held, and awards or recognition received
- A one- or two-page vocational statement describing the vocational direction or goals that led you to student at United
- Submit Immunization Record
- Provide official academic transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended Download a Transcript Request Form (one per institution)
Students may subsequently enroll in a degree program by completing additional application requirements.
Application deadline: The recommended application due date is one week prior to the beginning of term. However, United will accept applications up until the second Friday of the start of the term.