Requirements for the M.A., M.A.R.L and M.Div. Degree
- Foundational course
- Arts Practicum TR272 (3 cr)
- Thesis (M.A.)
- Topic must focus on theology and the arts (6 cr)
- Elective courses
- M.A., M.A.R.L.: Two electives (6 cr)
- M.Div.: Three electives (9 cr)
- Elective courses may be selected from those approved for this concentration, or students may ask a faculty member to include a track in another course that explicitly addresses one or more of the concentration educational outcomes (faculty have discretion to decide if tracking is appropriate for a given course). If the faculty member agrees, some course readings and/or assignments would be tailored to allow the course to meet a concentration elective requirement; this would be noted on the registration form.
- Browse the course catalog for approved electives for the Theology and the Arts concentration (select the red ‘Search’ button on the Courses pages to view the T&A electives)
Requirements for the D.Min. Degree
- Theological Interpretation of the Arts TR271-DM (4 cr)*
- Arts Practicum TR272 (3 cr)*
- Curating as Theological Reflection TR273 (1 cr)*
*Please contact the instructor before the first class session to discuss readings and assignments.