Requirements for the M.A., M.A.R.L. and M.Div. Degree
- Foundational course
- Thesis (M.A.)
- Topic must focus on theology and ethics of social justice and/or reconciliation (6 cr)
- Elective courses
- M.A., M.A.R.L.: Three electives (9 cr)
- M.Div.: Four electives (12 cr)
- Elective courses may be selected from those approved for this concentration, or students may ask a faculty member to include a track in another course that explicitly addressed one or more of the concentration educational outcomes (faculty have discretion to decide if tracking is appropriate for a given course). If the faculty member agrees, some course readings and/or assignments would be tailored to allow the course to meet a concentration elective requirement; this would be noted on the student’s registration form.
- Browse the course catalog for approved electives for the Social Justice and Reconciliation concentration (select red ‘Search’ button when you reach the Courses page to see SJ&R electives).