The concentration allows students preparing for ministry in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) to attain the level of academic and professional competence that is expected of candidates for ordination. Courses in Hebrew, Greek, Calvin and Reformed theology, and Presbyterian history and polity contribute to the student’s immersion in the Reformed tradition and the ethos of Presbyterianism.
Requirements for the M.Div. degree
- Access to Biblical Hebrew CH111 (3 cr)
- New Testament Greek CH210 (3 cr)
- Greek Exegesis or Hebrew Exegesis (2 cr – choose one)
- Requirement can be met by an independent study or taking a course that already has a language track
- John Calvin and the Reformed Tradition CH440 (3 cr)
- Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) History and Polity CH330 (3 cr)