Requirements for the M.A., M.A.R.L., M.Div.
- Foundational Course
- Theology, Ministry and Power CL701 (3 cr)
- Thesis/Dissertation topic
- Must be related to Black Church Leadership (6 cr)
- Electives courses
- M.A., M.A.R.L. degree: Three electives courses (9 cr) in theology and/or arts of ministry with a focus on Black Church Leadership
- M.Div. degree: Four electives courses (12 cr) in theology and/or arts of ministry with a focus on Black Church Leadership
- Elective courses may be selected from those approved for this concentration, or students may ask a faculty member to include a track in another course that would explicitly address one or more of the concentration educational outcomes (faculty have discretion to decide that tracking is not appropriate for a given course). If the faculty member agrees, some course readings and/or assignments would be tailored to allow the course to meet a concentration elective requirement. This would be noted on the student’s registration form.
- Browse the course catalog for approved electives for the Black Church Leadership concentration.
In addition to courses specifically designed to address the goals of Black Church Leadership, the student will remain cognizant of these goals in classes across the curriculum. Papers, projects and other assignments, when possible, will be related to the overall goals and objectives of the Black Church Leadership Program and should be pursued in close collaboration with the student’s advisor.
Requirements for the D.Min.
- Theology, Ministry and Power CL701-DM (4 cr)
- Theology and Proclamation CL336-DM (4 cr)