My name is Brian Braskich, and I am the director of Community Programming. Community Programming at United is set up to serve the community on two different fronts.
Professional and Church Life
Community Programming is a great professional resource for the ordained and non-ordained alike. We are dedicated to the formation and renewal of pastors and lay leaders by providing them with tools and guidance to take back to the communities they serve. We offer a variety of church- and business-related programming, including certifications, classes, workshops and seminars. In addition, United is host to the National Association of Church Business Administrators (NACBA) certification seminar in the Twin Cities and is the programming home of the Council on Religion and Law. Look for upcoming classes in our new downtown Minneapolis/North Loop location.
- Council on Religion and Law
- Financial Management Training for Clergy (offered periodically at no charge)
- National Association of Church Business Administration (NACBA) Certification
- Transformational Leadership (8-session class, offered occasionally)
United’s Community Programming serves as a resource for people looking to investigate theological issues and questions and cultivate relevant theological and existential perspectives, outside of the traditional church setting. We are a place to convene, share ideas and learn in a theologically rich environment. Events range from our Bees, Bread & Beer curriculum, to spiritual dance workshops, to Community Pizza Nights at our Outdoor Community Oven.
Workshops & Community Events
Community Pizza Night
Friday evenings from 5:00-7:00 PM, seasonal
This ongoing series of pizza nights is held on the campus grounds utilizing our very own outdoor community oven, so stop by to relax with neighbors and friends and eat some delicious, hot-from-the-brick-oven pizza. Enjoy outdoor table seating or bring a blanket for picnic style. For inclement weather, we’ll move indoors. Choose your toppings for a 10” pizza, plus salad, fruit, dessert and beverage @ $10 per plate. Pizza only, $7. Cash only please.
- Community Pizza Nights resume summer of 2016
Bees, Bread & Beer
United’s Bees, Bread & Beer Curriculum offers a tasty trio of classes to get you back to nature, right on United’s grounds. Classes are offered on a recurring basis. No experience needed.
- Hands-on Beekeeping – April 28, May 5, May 7
- Bread for Hearth and Home – Please check back for 2016 dates
- Beer Brewing Primer – Please check back for 2016 dates
Public Lecture Series
The public is invited to attend special topic lecture series produced by United on an annual or periodic basis.
- Susan Draper White Lectures in Women’s Studies
- Multicultural Lectures
- Gustafson Lectures in Biblical Studies
- Picard Lectures in Environmental Theology and Ethics
Brian Braskich, director of Community Programming, 651.255.6170.