In addition to educating enrolled degree students, United is a resource to a wider community that ranges from professionals in ministry and church life to theological activists to spiritual seekers. Community programs are designed to teach new skills, invigorate commitment and promote discussions around the arts, social justice, spirituality and interfaith understanding.
Professional Ministry and Church Life
Pastors and lay leaders can look to United as a resource for formation and renewal, and to develop practical skills to share with the communities they serve. In addition to academic programs, we offer a variety of church and business related programming that includes certifications, workshops and seminars.
- Transformational Leadership (monthly, 8-session class)
- Financial Management Training for Clergy (offered at no charge)
- Earn certification from the National Association of Church Business Administration (NACBA)
- Beer and Theology
United is a resource for meaningful conversations about the spirit. Our goal is to provide opportunities to investigate theological perspectives and questions outside of the traditional church setting. We encourage you to gather with others in a spiritually rich environment with programs designed to ignite the spirit in you.
The public is invited to attend special topic lecture series produced by United on an annual or periodic basis.
- Susan Draper White Lectures in Women’s Studies
- Multicultural Lectures
- Gustafson Lectures in Biblical Studies
- Picard Lectures in Environmental Theology and Ethics