United has a number of spaces available for meetings, conferences, retreats, workshops and similar events, including the architecture-award-winning Bigelow Chapel. Click on the links below for photos of each space, rental costs and special notes regarding the space.
- Bigelow Chapel (sanctuary: ˜2,500 sq ft)
- Strobel Room (˜1,140 sq ft)
- Steckel Learning Center (˜1,740 sq ft)
- Hatch Room/”Board Room” (˜305 sq ft)
- Small Dining Room (˜360 sq ft)
- Shummon Room (˜235 sq ft)
- Context Café (˜2,500 sq ft)
Services and Policies
Catering and food & beverage
Rental clients who desire catering may contact the seminary chef, Amy Nadeau, 651.255.6146, for fresh, creatively presented foods for receptions and meals, as well as non-alcoholic beverages. Dishes, silverware, glassware and white tableclothes are included. The chef’s fees, services and availability are at her discretion; her services are independent of the rental and handled exclusively between her and the client. All food and beverages are prepared onsite.
For simple coffee service or light refreshments, the rental coordinator can make those arrangements with the seminary’s food service department; clients will be charged separately for those services.
Outside caterers are not allowed unless an exception is granted or Chef Amy is unavailable. The exception is licensed food vendors that deliver, such as pizza outlets, Jimmy John’s and HoneyBaked Ham, which can be used with seminary permission. Foods such as homemade goods or potluck items cannot be brought into the seminary under any circumstances.
Permission to serve wine or champagne is required; alcoholic service is not provided by the seminary. If wine or champagne are brought in, serving arrangements must be made by the client. Beer and hard liquor are not permitted. Also, red wine and purple- or red-based beverages are not allowed in Bigelow Chapel or any of the carpeted spaces, due to staining concerns.
- Dedicated rental coordinator (onsite during even, at United’s discretion)
- Large-screen (65″) TV for multimedia presentations, video viewings, etc.
- LCD projectors, projection screens, CD players, whiteboards, etc.
- WiFi capability in most spaces
- Setup, take-down, security, custodial
- Tables and chairs
- Free, off-street parking
- Handicapped-accessible parking, entrances and restrooms
Renee Flesner, rental coordinator, 651.255.6138.
Rental services and fees are subject to change and availability. The seminary has limited on-campus lodging.