A Stunning and Unique Venue for Your Ceremony
The Bigelow Chapel at United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities provides a breathtaking, intimate, one-of-a-kind setting for your ceremony.
The Bigelow Chapel
Walking through the award-winning Bigelow Chapel, you will notice it is a delicate composition of floating planes of glass, frosted clerestory windows, cast stone walls, and translucent curved wood panels that cast a warm glow inside the chapel and create a tranquil and inspirational environment. Roof skylights provide suffused light throughout the interior. Twin towers contain a set of pealing chimes. Movable chairs provide a flexible venue. A large grass courtyard adjoins the chapel and is available for photographs.
United is set on a beautiful, 10-acre campus in New Brighton, Minn., approximately 15 minutes from downtown Minneapolis or downtown St. Paul. The seminary is easily accessed from I-694 and the Silver Lake Road exit, which lies between I-35W North and I-94 West.
Standard capacity for comfortable seating is 150-175 people. The maximum is 200; 200 guests requires a predetermined space set up. Square footage of the sanctuary space is approximately 2,200.
Ceremony Services Include:
- The contemporary elegance of the Bigelow Chapel as the backdrop for your photographs
- Dedicated wedding coordinator
- Up to four hours use of the space on the day of the ceremony
- Two dressing rooms
- Steinway grand piano
- Altar and pulpit or lectern
- Podium for guest book
- Wireless sound system (Wi-Fi is not available)
- Free off-street parking
- Custodial services
- Air conditioning
We can offer a licensed minister if you do not have your own officiant.
Non-refundable deposit.............$400.00 (goes toward $850 fee)
Refundable damage deposit......$125.00***
* Four-hour maximum, from first individual's arrival onsite to last individual vacating the property; includes photography session. Current students, staff, and faculty of United may contact the wedding coordinator for discounted rates. To receive the student rate, either the bride or groom in a wedding or one of the partners in a holy union must be a current student when the deposit for the ceremony is made. To receive the staff or faculty rate, either the bride or the groom in a wedding or one of the partners in a holy union must be a current staff or faculty member when the deposit for the ceremony is made.
** One-hour maximum.
*** This deposit is fully refundable within 10 days after the ceremony date if, once all individuals from the event have vacated the seminary, 1) the Bigelow Chapel narthex, sanctuary, and processional and the dressing rooms (Classroom E and F) are left in the condition in which they were found, 2) no damages to seminary property have been made by the wedding party/guests/associated vendors, and 3) the time limits of one hour for the rehearsal and four hours for the ceremony are honored, given a 15-minute grace period at the start and end of the event (unless contracted otherwise). A violation of any one of these three items will result in the full deposit being retained by the seminary.
Services Requiring Additional
- Pre-marital counseling (required for wedding ceremonies)
- Dedicated audio and lighting technician
- Use of space beyond 4-hour time limit for ceremony or 1-hour time limit for rehearsal
* Services and fees are subject to availability and at the sole discretion of the service provider. The exception is use of the space beyond 4 hours, which is $75.00 per additional hour for the ceremony and $50 per additional hour for the rehearsal.
Photo credits: Bigelow interior - studio306; Bigelow exterior - Ling Photography