Assistant Professor of New Testament
United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities in New Brighton, Minn., invites applications and nominations for a tenure-track position as assistant professor of New Testament. The position requires general competency in all areas of New Testament studies. Candidates should be able to relate a range of New Testament methodologies or hermeneutical perspectives to diverse settings and have a commitment to preparing people for leadership in ministry. Candidates with Ph.D. in hand or ABD will be considered. Demonstrated excellence and/or potential as a teacher and scholar are expected.
United is an ecumenical seminary affiliated with the United Church of Christ, an open and affirming institution, and is committed to building a culturally and theologically diverse and inclusive community. Applications from persons of color and those affiliated with the United Methodist Church are especially encouraged. Further information about the seminary may be found at www.unitedseminary.edu.
Please send a letter of application, CV and three letters of recommendation by December 31, 2013, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Sharon Tan, Vice President for Academic Affairs/Dean, United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities, 3000 5th St NW, New Brighton MN 55112. Candidates for whom this would be a first appointment should also send a graduate transcript. EOE/AA
Part-Time Communications Coordinator (20-25 hours/week)
download job posting
The communications coordinator is part of the marketing team, supervised by the communications director, which develops and executes strategic communications materials across a variety of platforms: digital marketing, print materials, social networking, video – so bring it all!
We’re looking for candidates with a sharp marketing perspective, tested graphic design skills, experience as a creative process project manager, social media brilliance and a good sense of collegiality and humor. Writing skills are a plus.
This position will have a special focus on the communications needs of the development department, including alum relations, donor cultivations events, fundraising and church relations. In addition, this position will serve other departments as their needs arise.
- Graphic Design
- Serve as in-house graphic design resource for postcards, brochures, advertisements and electronic communication. Larger, more complex projects are sent out-of-house
- Email Marketing
- Create e-newsletters and other electronic marketing materials for institutional events, development activities, the dean’s office, admissions and faculty as the need arises
- Manage the seminary’s email marketing efforts with respect to audience segmentation, scheduling, analysis and consistency across database platforms
- Grow the seminary’s email contact list through marketing, social networks, the website and other means
- Social and Emerging Media
- Along with the director, develop strategy-driven social media plans, including goal-setting to better measure effectiveness
- Manage the seminary’s social media presence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+ and online fundraising. This includes planning day-to-day posts, facilitating discussions and connecting with other institutions
- Additional Duties
- Maintain cloud-based photograph and video asset catalog system
- Serve as project manager, working with vendors and guiding materials through the creative, printing and distribution process
- Assist the webmaster in updating the content and design of the seminary’s website
- Share responsibility as institutional event photographer
Attributes for Success in this Position
- Knowledge and skill in the use of computer systems, social media, Internet communications and additional evolving forms of digital media
- Graphic design skills, with facility in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Familiarity with the creative process to manage vendors
- Versatile writing skills to assist with content for print material and Internet
- Exceptional ability to problem-solve, organize priorities and meet deadlines
- Enjoy working with a variety of personalities in a consultative and team-oriented capacity
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- College degree, preferably in marketing, communications or public relations
Physical Requirements Necessary to Perform This Job
Candidate must be able to:
- Hear and speak to use the telephone and communicate with people in the office and other environments
- Sit at a desk and use a computer for extended periods of time as well as move around the office area
- Apply manual dexterity to computer keyboarding and other office equipment
- Drive a car
About United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities
United is a graduate level seminary, progressive in its ethos and welcoming a student body comprising diverse faiths, perspectives and sexual orientations. A variety of degree, certificate and diploma programs offer an intellectually stimulating curriculum focusing on social justice, interfaith dialogue, spirituality, and theology and the arts. United educates students for church ministries and ordination alongside those who wish to integrate the spiritual in their work and personal lives.
Direct cover letter and resume to Vonda Pearson, Human Resources, at email@example.com.
employment opportunities outside United, please visit the Job
Opportunities page, which lists part-time, full-time, and
United is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. It is the seminary’s policy to make employment decisions in a manner that will further this principle and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. Therefore, as required by applicable federal, state or local laws, the seminary’s decisions about recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, compensation, benefits and all similar employment decisions will be made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other class status protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.